Added: 08 September 2017
- Revised exterior and interior design for spacious seven-seat SUV
- Addition of new sport-inspired GT Line variant to Sorento range
- New eight-speed automatic transmission improves CO2 and driveability
- Range of new DRiVE WISE active safety features available
- New infotainment system with Harman/Kardon® Premium Sound system
- New Kia Sorento on-sale from Q4 2017
KiaMotors Europe has announced a range of upgrades to the Sorento, the company’sseven-seat flagship SUV, to be publically displayed at the 2017 FrankfurtInternational Motor Show, and is due on sale across Europe from Q4 2017.
Thenew Kia Sorento features a refreshed exterior and interior design, and isavailable with Kia’s latest safety and in-car connectivity technologies. A newGT Line variant is also available, as well as an efficient new eight-speedautomatic transmission for 2.2-litre diesel model.
MichaelCole, Chief Operating Officer of Kia Motors Europe, commented: “The Sorentoaccounted for 15,769 sales across Europe in 2016, and it remains an importantcontributor to the company’s sustained sales growth. The current model has abroad appeal among buyers, with a combination of high practicality, handsomedesign, and good value. Upgrades to the car’s exterior and interior design,safety, and in-car technology all add to the appeal of the car and will ensuresales remain strong.”
Updatedexterior and interior design includes:
· Revised front and rear bumpers, new LED head- and tail-lamps,and a new dark metallic finish to the ‘tiger-nose’ grille. The result is a moresophisticated and purposeful front-end appearance.
· Inside, the cabin features a newly-designed climate control LCDdisplay steering wheel, Steering wheel and driver instrument cluster.
· An increased proportion of soft touch materials and leather fora more premium cabin ambience.
Thenew Sorento is the first SUV from Kia available with the company’s neweight-speed automatic transmission. Designed in-house by Kia and launched in2016, the transmission boasts 143 newly-patented technologies and delivers aslick-shifting, more decisive drive, while reducing emissions slightly.
Kiahas also introduced a new GT Line variant to the Sorento, further enhancing itsappeal. Inspired by the appearance of Kia’s higher-performance GT models, theSorento GT Line features a range of upgrades for added style and on-roadpresence. The exterior features four-lamp LED fog lights, red brake callipers,a more prominent sill step, and subtle GT Line badging designed to distinguishit from other Sorento models. Diesel models are fitted with a distinctive newchrome twin exhaust tip.
Theinterior of the GT Line includes the same improvements as the standard car, andalso features quilted seats, finished in black leather with contrasting greystitching and GT Line embroided emblems. In addition, the new variant featuresunique gear shift paddles and a series of satin chrome highlights throughoutthe interior.
For the first time, the Sorento is availablewith Kia’s latest DRiVE WISE Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS). DRIVEWiSE embodies Kia’s philosophy to create intelligently safe vehicles withactive safety technologies designed to avoid or mitigate the effects ofcollisions.
Thenew Driver Attention Warning (DAW) system combats distracted or drowsy driving.
Othernew safety features available on the Sorento include: Lane Keeping AssistSystem; High Beam Assist, and full LED headlamps with Dynamic Bending Light.These new technologies make the Sorento one of the safest cars in its class.
The new Sorento is available with Kia’s latest 8.0-inch touchscreeninfotainment system, with navigation and Kia Connected Services powered byTomTom®.