After listening to the concerns of Londoners over recent months, the Mayor announced on 4th August 2023 that to make the transition to a greener city easier, the scrappage scheme will be extended to every Londoner affected by ULEZ, along with a host of other significant changes.
Below is everything you need to know about how the scrappage scheme can benefit you.
Updates Effective from Monday, 21st August:
- For London Residents: If you have a car that's not ULEZ-compliant, you can now claim a grant of £2,000.
- Small Businesses & Sole Traders: Qualify for grants up to £21,000 for scrapping a maximum of three non-compliant vans.
- Charitable Organizations: Eligible to receive up to £28,000 in grants for the scrappage of up to three minibuses.
Recent Changes, In Effect From Friday, 4th August:
- Enhanced Grants for Vans: Small businesses and charitable bodies owning a non-compliant van now receive a higher grant amount of £7,000, a jump from the previous £5,000.
- Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles: Scrappage grants for such vehicles have been generously doubled from £5,000 to £10,000.
- For Non-Compliant Minibuses: Scrapping grants have risen from £7,000 to £9,000.
- Upgrading to Electric: Those looking to replace their non-compliant van or minibus with an electric version can now avail increased grants - £9,500 (previously £7,500) for vans and £11,500 (previously £9,500) for minibuses.
- Retrofit Grants: Get your vehicles retrofitted with the revised grant of £6k, usually covering the complete retrofitting costs.
For a comprehensive breakdown and more details, please click here.
In A Nutshell
- Residents within the extended ULEZ region can scrap a non-ULEZ-compliant car for a grant of £2,000.
- Enjoy an increment of £2,000 on scrappage grants for non-compliant vans and minibuses.
- Wheelchair-accessible vehicles' scrappage grants are now doubled from £5,000 to £10,000.
- Flexibility in Usage: Use your grant like cash! Purchase your next vehicle with ease.
Experience the future of mobility with Shelly Motors and the revamped Scrappage Scheme.